Friday, April 8, 2011

Pompon-mania!



I've always liked things that dangle and move with the wind, like kites with long tails, wind chimes, flags, banners, lanterns... I've always liked long earrings too, and scarves, and fringes and tassels (or pompons as we call them in French..) that seem to dance with your every step...

So you can imagine how happy I was when, one day, a friend of mine gave me a bag full of colorful tassels he had brought back from Morrocco for me! A bag full of pompons... How exciting! So I put a little pompon here, a little pompon there... and then, I forgot about my bag of pompons...


...until I started making these new pieces with turquoise and branch coral and a Japanese tensha bead with pink cherry blossoms... suddenly, I remembered my pompons and it was obvious that I needed to add pompons to my "Folklore" collection! Aren't these pretty?

Mmmm, I can predict more pompons to come in the near future......

And just because, I'll leave you with this gorgeous picture of a Odd Molly shirt from the new Spring/Summer collection... Oh, how much I love this Swedish brand, where every piece of clothing is embroidered, crocheted, adorned with fringes and tassels and ribbons and lace and.... I love it : )

No comments:

Post a Comment