Monday, August 27, 2012

Summertime in Paris...


Well, well, well.... long time no see...

I must say this year has been pretty slow Olala-wise, I've had a lot of work to do and I had to put my jewelry-making aside... I miss it but at the same time, I had reached a point where I didn't really enjoy it anymore, I was getting nowhere and I was wondering if I was doing this for the pleasure or just because I had started something and I didn't want to quit... I didn't enjoy going to craft fairs anymore, I didn't enjoy spending hours on Etsy and seeing the same items over and over again, and I was getting overwhelmed with all the materials I had and all the ideas I had and all the stock I had and all the time and money I spent and... it was too much!

So, I'm taking a break... and instead of jewelry, I'll show you a few pictures from my summer vacation in Paris : )

               
                               I've always loved the flower shops in France...

                               ... and the colorful Chupa Chups!


I've discovered a fabulous design shop near Hôtel de Ville, it's called Fleux and they had these great pieces from an Italian design company, Miho - unexpected things. They are made of wood and they come in a flat sheet, the pieces are cut outs that you put together like a 3D puzzle.... I.L.O.V.E.
I had to bring back home 2 birdhouses and 1 deer head but now, I regret not buying more : (

                               Some funky plates at Fleux

                               A Maillol statue in les Tuileries....

                               Macarons....

                               .... and macarons again!

PS : You might have noticed - I love my Vintique Iphone app ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment